Saturday 21 April 2007

Body Modification

Michael Jackson was a very cute, afro American child, with actually very good features. Nice lips high cheekbones, good bone structure and even skin tone.

Michael Jackson`s skin color was a medium- brown color for the entire duration of his youth, his skin has lightened gradually since 1982, becoming lightly taned. And today his skin color is white, it is not clear how much make-up affects his appearance. Michael has attributed his changing skin color to vitiligo, a skin condition in which the body develops antibodies against its own melanocytes, skin cell that produce melanin, a body pigment, resulting in light patches and loss of pigment.

Michael has had multiple plastic surgery procedures to modify his appearance, he claims to have three operations. Michael also said that his face had ``squared out`` in adolescence, and that he had never done anything to change it. `` I have had no plastic surgery on my face- just my nose,`` he said.




Tattoos

I think that tattoos have become trendy I see people all the time with Japanese symbol and barbed wire tattoos. If you are going to get a tattoo it shouldn`t just be something trendy that you think looks ``cool`` at the time. Society`s idea about what look cool changes as our lives progress. I believe that tattoos should mean something to you personally because you are going to live with them for the rest of your life.

Even though tattoos are far more mainstream that before, they haven`t lost the ability to help individuals define who they are, artistically. Tattoos are not a bad thing if you get them for the right reasons.

There are people in the world that like to show their attitude without saying a word since each and every tattoo has a story or a meaning behind it. A tattoo can be a deep window to the soul and it can also be a work of art.

I have thought about getting a tattoos but I don’t think it’s really necessary I would be following a trend.

1 comment:

Berris said...

I have a tattoo, don't consider it following a trend as its never on show.
Often get stupid comments about haveing one that no one can see but its not for everyone else, its for me.

Getting another too but due to bad stereotypes I'm unable to get it were I'd like because it would be too visible and hinder job opportunities in future. Dilema!

In days past tribal members would don tattoos on there bodies to ward off evil spirits and obtain strength. I love the idea but some would say thats stupid, but I don't call them stupid for believing in whatever God they praise!